jeudi 2 février 2017

UNIT VII: EXERCISES



love.43.gifReported Statements Change this direct speech into reported speech: 
1. “He works in a bank” She said ___________________________
2. “We went out last night” She told me______________________
3. “I’m coming!” She said ________________________________
4. “I was waiting for the bus when he arrived” She told me ______
5. “ I’d never been there before” She said ____________________
6. “I didn’t go to the party” She told me _____________________
7. “Lucy’ll come later” She said ___________________________
8. “He hasn’t eaten breakfast” She told me ___________________
9. “I can help you tomorrow” She said ______________________
10. “You should go to bed early” She told me ________________
11. “I don’t like chocolate” She told me _____________________
12. “I won’t see you tomorrow” She said ____________________
13. “She’s living in Paris for a few months” She said __________
14. “I visited my parents at the weekend” She told me _________
15. “She hasn’t eaten sushi before” She said _________________
16. “I hadn’t travelled by underground before I came to London” She said _____________________________________________
17. “They would help if they could” She said ________________
18. “I’ll do the washing-up later” She told me ________________
 19. “He could read when he was three” She said ______________
20. “I was sleeping when Julie called” She said _______________


love.43.gifReported Questions Change these direct questions into reported speech: 
1. “Where is he?” She asked me ___________________________
2. “What are you doing?” She asked me _____________________
3. “Why did you go out last night?” She asked me _____________
 4. “Who was that beautiful woman?” She asked me ___________
5. “How is your mother?” She asked me ____________________
6. “What are you going to do at the weekend?” She asked me ___
7. “Where will you live after graduation?” She asked me_______
8. “What were you doing when I saw you?” She asked me ______
9. “How was the journey?” She asked me ___________________
10. “How often do you go to the cinema?” She asked me _______
11. “Do you live in London?” She asked me _________________
12. “Did he arrive on time?” She asked me __________________
13. “Have you been to Paris?” She asked me _________________
14. “Can you help me?” She asked me ______________________
15. “Are you working tonight?” She asked me ________________
16. “Will you come later?” She asked me ____________________
17. “Do you like coffee?” She asked me _____________________
18. “Is this the road to the station?” She asked me _____________
19. “Did you do your homework?” She asked me _____________
20. “Have you studied reported speech before?” She asked me ___

 love.43.gif Reported Requests and Orders Change the direct speech into reported speech: 
1. “Please help me carry this” She asked me _________________ 
2. “Please come early” She _______________________________
3. “Please buy some milk” She ____________________________
4. “Could you please open the window?” She ________________
5. “Could you bring the book tonight?” She __________________
6. “Can you help me with my homework, please?” She _________
7. “Would you bring me a cup of coffee, please?” She __________
8. “Would you mind passing the salt?” She ___________________
9. “Would you mind lending me a pencil?” She _______________
10. “I was wondering if you could possibly tell me the time?” She _
11. “Do your homework!” She told me ______________________
12. “Go to bed!” She ___________________________________
13. “Don’t be late!” She _________________________________
14. “Don’t smoke!” She _________________________________
15. “Tidy your room!” She _______________________________ 
16. “Wait here!” She ____________________________________
17. “Don’t do that!” She _________________________________
18. “Eat your dinner!” She _______________________________
19. “Don’t make a mess!” She ____________________________
20. “Do the washing-up!” She ____________________________

love.43.gif Mixed Reported Speech 1 (Statements, Questions, Requests and Orders) Change the direct speech into reported speech. Choose the past simple of ‘ask’, ‘say’ or ‘tell’: 
1. “Don’t do it!” She ___________________________________
2. “I’m leaving tomorrow” She ___________________________
3. “Please get me a cup of tea” She ________________________
4. “She got married last year” She _________________________
5. “Be quick!” She _____________________________________
6. “Could you explain number four, please?” She _____________
7. “Where do you live?” She _____________________________
8. “We went to the cinema and then to a Chinese restaurant” She _
9. “I’ll come and help you at twelve” She ___________________
10. “What are you doing tomorrow?” She ___________________ 
11. “Don’t go!” She ____________________________________
12. “Do you work in London?” She ________________________ 
13. “Could you tell me where the post office is?” She __________
14. “Come here!” She ___________________________________
15. “I’ve never been to Wales” She _________________________
16. “Have you ever seen ‘Lord of the Rings’?” She ____________
17. “I don't like mushrooms” She __________________________
18. “Don't be silly!” She _________________________________
19. “Would you mind waiting a moment please?” She __________
20. “How often do you play sport?” She _____________________

love.43.gif Mixed Reported Speech 2 (Statements, Questions, Requests and Orders) Change the direct speech into reported speech. Choose the past simple of ‘ask’, ‘say’ or ‘tell’: 
1. “Come quickly!” She __________________________________
2. “Did you arrive before seven?” She _______________________
3. “How was your holiday?” She ___________________________
4. “I would have visited the hospital, if I had known you were sick” She __________________________________________________
5. “Don't touch!” She ____________________________________
6. “Do you usually cook at home?” She _____________________
7. “They had never been to Scotland until last year” She ________
8. “Make sure you arrive early!” She ________________________
 9. “I should have studied harder for the exam” She ____________
10. “Would you mind telling me how to get to the art gallery, please?” She ___________________________________________
11. “Please don’t forget my book” She ______________________ 
12. “Make sure you arrive at six!” She ______________________ 
13. “Remember to study hard!” She _________________________
14. “Where do you want to eat tonight?” She _________________
15. “I usually drink coffee in the mornings” She _______________
16. “Do you like studying English?” She _____________________
17. “I’ll come and help you on Saturday” She _________________
18. “Please buy some bread on your way home” She ___________
19. “Please give this to John” She __________________________
20. “Could you give me the glass on the table, please?” She ______

Keys

Referencehttp://www.conhecer.org.br/download/INGLES%20INTERMEDIARIO/Module%202-%20reported-speech4.pdf

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire